It’s finally spring…that time of the year when the weather begins to warm, flowers begin to bloom and everything awakens and begins to flourish after a cold winter season. It also means that it’s time for spring cleaning. You may decide to clean out that junk draw that seems to accumulate things of all sorts over the course of a few months or just do a deep cleaning of the inside of your house. But there’s spring cleaning to be done on the exterior as well!
Here are a few spring maintenance tips for your home:
1. Roof – check the flashing around the chimney and vent pipes for watertightness
2. Deck – water seal about 6 months after closing and reapply as needed to keep the longevity of the deck
3. HVAC – check that the exterior condensate line remains open and free from obstruction
4. Lawn Care – established lawns should receive 1 to 1.5 inches of water per week during summer months
5. Louvers – make sure the openings between the ceiling and the roof remain unobstructed
6. Paint Exterior – be careful pressure treating exterior paint as it can split, crack, warp, shrink or discolor
7. Termite Treatment – maintain an inspection and treatment program after the first year
Visit http://essexhomescolumbiasc.net/homehaven4_maintenance.cfm to learn more about seasonal maintenance.