At Essex Homes, we understand that it’s not just about building nice homes at a good price. Buyers want communities in great locations that offer activities, amenities and stunning views. Our communities offer more than a home; we offer our home buyers a lifestyle.
When we built our communities around Lake Wylie and Lake Murray, we wanted to create a whole lake lifestyle that our homeowners could be a part of. While we wanted to put the enjoyment of the lake at your fingertips, we also wanted to bring more than that. We wanted to preserve the natural setting that these communities were built on and also offer everything that you would need to enjoy the lake life. Amenities vary from convenient waterfront storage for your canoe or kayak, private boat ramps and nature trails to parks and playgrounds, community pools, clubhouses, fire pits and cookout areas. This is the lake lifestyle that just can’t be beat!
We have three communities conveniently situated close to Charlotte at Lake Wylie. You can see where each community is located on our interactive map.
- Tullamore: This community offers a relaxed pace of life and homes at a great value. Residents enjoy recreational activities on the lake, and they are just minutes away from the state line. Homes at Tullamore start in the low $200,000s.
- Handsmill: This extraordinary, gated waterfront community features homes priced from the mid-$300,000s and is located just 30 minutes from uptown Charlotte. Designed to preserve the natural setting on which it’s built, Handsmill offers amenities including a LEED-certified clubhouse, pool, nature trails and a playground.
- Woodlands: Located in Rock Hill on the southern tip of Lake Wylie, these homes are priced from the $200,000s and feature granite countertops in the kitchens and bathrooms, hardwood flooring, smooth top ranges and gas log fireplaces. Located across Highway 195, the community is just minutes away from both Lake Wylie and the Catawba River.
In addition to the homes located on Lake Wylie, we have four communities at Lake Murray in Columbia, South Carolina. Take a look at our interactive map for our Columbia neighborhoods to see the location of each community.
- Foxchase: Estate-sized home sites and semi-custom designer homes featuring stunning open designs, as well as easy access to a nearby boat ramp, is what you’ll find at Foxchase. Homes at this community feature interior highlights including first-floor owner’s suites, bonus rooms and gourmet kitchens. All of the homes include side-entry, two-car garages with plenty of space to add a third-car or a detached two-car garage. Priced from $238,900, homes feature three and five bedrooms plans that range from 2,400 to more than 4,000 square feet. Hurry, as just two homes remain at Foxchase!
- Turner’s Pointe: Nestled on a secluded peninsula on the shores of fabulous Lake Murray, this community features luxurious lake life amenities including a boat ramp, community pool and clubhouse. Additionally, all interior and lake view homes have their own private boat slip. Homes start in the high $300,000s.
- The Oaks at SummerLake: This active lifestyle community features an abundant number of activities for homeowners to enjoy including a community pool, lakeside clubhouse, pocket park, nature trails and of course the lake. Homes in The Oaks at SummerLake are priced from $263,700.
- The Enclave at Silver Creek: Located right near Lake Murray, these homes are priced from the $200,000s. Residents enjoy summer activities on the lake including boating, fishing and more. In addition, the community itself has two peaceful ponds and green space.
If you’re ready to begin living the lake lifestyle this summer, visit any of our communities near Lake Wylie or Lake Murray. For more information on all of our wonderful lake communities, visit www.essexhomes.net.