By respecting the natural resources available to us, and utilizing them to the best of our ability, we can build better homes that use less natural resources, reduce your carbon footprint, save you money, and improve your quality of living.
Can an eBuilt home really do all that? YES!
How do we do it? We only use what we NEED.
Reducing Resource Consumption
Less energy efficient homes are among the biggest polluters of the environment. By making your home more energy efficient, you directly reduce the amount of greenhouse gases and carbon emissions that it generates. That’s better for you and better for the environment.
- 16% of greenhouse gasses produced in the US come from homes
- eBuilt homes are constructed using materials, methods and techniques that reduce the amount of materials needed, provide greater efficiency, and reduce waste generated during construction
Water conservation is among our highest priorities when building every home. We need to do everything possible to protect those resources that can't be replaced.
What is Essex Homes doing to help?
- Low-flow fixtures save water without sacrificing performance
- eBuilt homes are landscaped with native species which reduces demand for irrigation
- Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan in place to reduce erosion and pollutants from water run off
Improving Indoor Air Quality
The quality of indoor air inside your home is important not only for your comfort, but also for your health. Poor indoor air quality (IAQ) has been tied to symptoms like headaches, fatigue, trouble concentrating, and irritation of the eyes, nose, throat and lungs. Also, some specific diseases have been linked to specific air contaminants or indoor environments.
How are eBuilt homes different?
- Blocking and air sealing attached garages keeps many harmful gases and vapors out of home
- Proper installation of house wrap and air sealing eliminates creation of mold
- Properly sealed and tested HVAC duct systems prevent potentially dangerous crawl space air and attic air from entering your home
- Low-VOC paints and carpets are standard in all eBuilt homes